IT Helpdesk Support
- Just beginning your IT career?
- Or are you wanting to build a career in this ever changing industry?
- Entry level support role
ALSCO is the leading textile rental company in the world with a strong presence in many New Zealand industries - including hospitality, manufacturing and healthcare. We are a committed group that takes pride in looking after our clients and employees and delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
A company with branches across New Zealand and throughout Australasia, ALSCO is a mature, stable and successful business with strong support systems throughout the organisation and an ingrained culture of safety and continuous improvement.
About the Role:
We have a great opportunity for someone just starting out in IT or wanting to swap over to a career in IT, to join our supportive team and develop your career with a market leading business.
- Phone and email support
- Inbound support calls only to users within our company, no cold calling, or sales etc.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical hardware and/or software issues
- As you progress with your own knowledge, be able to handle more difficult software and business-related queries
- Escalate more difficult queries to senior team members
Core requirements are:
- Good oral and written understanding of English
- Good typing speed of 40 words per minute or higher, must be able to demonstrate this
- Enjoy communicating with people and solving problems over the phone
- Willingness to learn a new system
- Basic knowledge of a Windows computer
- Ability to troubleshoot and break down a problem into more manageable parts
Whilst support for our end-users is predominately remote support, there will be a requirement to travel within NZ and internationally for on-site visits and training as required at any of our Australasian branches.
If this position sounds like the right opportunity for you then click the ‘Apply for this job' button to submit your application. We look forward to receiving your application.
As part of our recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which includes reference checking and health screening that involves drug and alcohol testing. Proof of Your Right to Live and Work in NZ must be presented at interview stage.
Alsco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.