- Ellerslie, Auckland,
- Permanent - Fulltime, may consider flexible hours/days
- Expanding organisation
- Established and stable Global Service Company
- Essential Service Provider
- Opportunity for development and advancement
Alsco NZ (www.alsco.co.nz) has been providing professional and friendly textile rental and hygiene services throughout New Zealand, Australasia, and other parts of the world for more than 100 years. We have two of the most recognised, leading brands in the textile, laundry, and washroom hygiene industry: Alsco and Fresh & Clean.
Alsco is focused on protecting our environment for future generations. Sustainability is about the welfare of everything around us - our people, our planet and our community and is critical to our ongoing business success.
The Graduate Accountant role supports the business operations and sits within the New Zealand Support Centre Finance function. There will be opportunities to apply skills and theory you have learned including analysis, problem solving and process improvement. Responsibility includes supporting the Group Accountant and Group Finance Manager with corporate accounting, taxation, and treasury, in accordance with applicable legislation, company standards, policies and procedures.
You will demonstrate knowledge of relevant accounting standards and taxation legislation with ability to apply this knowledge to ensure accurate and complete accounting records. Whilst having a high level of attention to detail, customer service orientation and problem-solving skills with a solution focus. The ability to meet deadlines whilst being accurate is important. You will draw upon your experience to take ownership of your selected responsibilities and improve processes.
You will thrive in an environment where you can contribute your ideas, recommendations, and initiatives to increase efficiency and maximise the value add of the Finance & Administration function.
The successful applicant will be:
- A Graduate of Bachelor of Commerce degree preferably in Accounting, Tax, and/or, Finance and preferably with part-time work experience in the Accounting field
- Wanting to pursue certification as a Chartered Accountant
- Highly organised, resilient, tenacious, positive and motivational.
- Proactive, solutions focused and eager to develop a long-term career with Alsco.
What is on offer?
Operating within a close-knit, fast-paced environment, you will relish the opportunity to broaden your skill set and further develop your capabilities. You will have the advice and guidance and support in the form of resources and a very experienced senior management team to drive the operation forward.