- Member of the Senior Management Team
- Complete control and responsibility for Engineering deliverables in the Palmerston North Branch
We are seeking a highly motivated, result-driven engineer to lead our maintenance team in Palmerston North.
This is a hands-on management position covering a variety of new plant and older processing systems. The role is responsible for managing a broad asset register, which will require a propensity to prioritise and control multiple tasks
simultaneously. As a senior appointment within the business, the Engineering Manager is expected to provide real leadership and direction within the wider team, helping ensure that the business delivers unrivalled customer service.
Experience in the Laundry or Textile industry would be advantageous but is not essential.
In addition to the above, you will be accountable for the delivery of the following:
- Responsible for the efficient and on-going maintenance within a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Managing and controlling costs to agreed budgets across all aspects
- Plan, direct, monitor and control all activities of the Engineering Team
- Embrace and fortify the company's core vision and values with high importance placed on managing H&S and ensuring a safe working
environment for all team members
You will possess experience in and a passion for:
- Workplace safety
- Driving a positive team culture and continuous improvement
- Preventative maintenance programs
- Coordinating with a production department to maximise equipment
efficiency and minimise downtime
- Setting then managing to a Repairs and Maintenance budget
- Asset and Inventory management
- Skilled planning, management and organisation of contractors and
In exchange for your hard work, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary (including quarterly incentive program), job security and career development opportunities.
This is an exciting position so please show your interest by applying today